The Burning Crusade is a rapid expansion of the World of Warcraft universe, scheduled for release later this year (2006). It promises to greatly improve the vast world and add even more excitement and thrill to the game we all know with the major additions being two new races, increased level cap, new items and professions, flying mounts, a new continent, new dungeons to explore, many new monsters and much, much more...
 The Story
The story up of WoW: The Burning Crusade has just been added to the official site, we are putting it here for you to read if you haven't done so yet.
- An increase in the level cap to 70
- Two new playable races: Blood Elves & Draenei
- The entire new continent of Outland
- New flying mounts in Outland
- Many new zones and high-level dungeons
- Hundreds of new monsters, quests, and items
- A new profession: Jewelcrafting
- Socketed items
 Additional Info
In order to experience the new features of the expansion you will have to purchase it. Blizzard announced that they will be releasing a major patch prior to the release of the expansion which will enable all the new items and race models but you will only be able to see them which means you won't be able to create a character from one of the two new races (Draenei and Bloos Elves) if you don't have the expansion installed.
New dungeons will have scalable difficulty levels. This is the so-called "Heroic Mode". To access a dungeon using that mode you will need to become revered with the faction related to it and purchase a key which will enable you to change the difficulty. Blizzard is considering adding this feature to currently existing dungeons but has no plans to implement them yet.
The level cap has been increased to 70 and new talents have been added to the talent trees of each class, you will also be able to acquire new spells through trainers as you level up above lv 60. Unlike before new spells will be available after each level you gain and not every 2 levels the way it is before 60.
There are new lands to explore, new instances and a new battleground (Eye of the Storm).
 Release Info
The first World of Warcraft expansion was released on the 16th of January. This happened simultaneously in Europe and North America with thousands of people waiting more than 10 hours to get their hands on the Collector's Edition. Blizzard's official page has both a video and a picture gallery that cover the event in some locations.
 System Requirements
 PC Requirements
- OS: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4); Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
- Processor: Intel Pentium3 800MHz or AMD Duron 800MHz
- Memory: 512 MB RAM, 1GB RAM is recommended
- Minimum: 32MB 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as an NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or above.
- Recommended: 64MB VRAM 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability, such as an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 class card or above.
- Sound: DirectX compatible sound card Install Size: 10 Gigabytes of free Hard Disk space.
 Mac System Requirements
- OS: Mac OS X 10.3.9 or newer required
- Processor: 933MHz G4/G5 processor, 1.8GHz G5/Intel or better recommended
- RAM: 512MB RAM, 1GB DDR RAM is recommended
- Video: NVIDIA or ATI graphics processor with 32MB VRAM, 64MB VRAM recommended For a complete list of supported 3D card, please visit: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/
- Controls: A keyboard and mouse are required. Input devices other than a mouse and keyboard are not supported
- Install Size: 10 Gigabytes of free Hard Disk space
 All Platforms
- Connectivity: You must have an active broadband internet connection to play.
- Mouse: Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel recommended.
- Note: System Requirements are subject to change.
Related ThreadsHalo 3 Backgrounds (SPOILERS) - last post by @ Dec 31, 2007
New Halo Backgrounds for your computer - last post by @ Jun 10, 2003
CORTANA ( Background scary music...) - last post by @ Feb 15, 2006